Pagini

luni, 11 februarie 2019

Brave new… place to live


Moving out to a new place can make you feel sad and nostalgic, but this was definitely not my case. Naturally, I love changes and new things – they keep me from getting bored (which is not an easy task). But this particular change meant more than just another place to live in. It came with the hope of a general change – new house, new habits, new way of thinking, new activities, a new job and basically a new life. High expectations, isn’t it? Oh, well, sometimes that’s all we have.

The enthusiasm lasted a while: “Oh, look, I found a place for this!”, “What a great view!”, “I love our new bed, is huge!”, “The living area is so inspiring!”, “This bathtub begs for long and bubbly baths!” But as time went on, that new life was still on the waiting list. Now I don’t want to be ungrateful and say that nothing has improved, because God knows that’s not true. The thing is, problems always find a way of getting to you, even if you change places. That new job still doesn’t exist and money is still short. No, I am not materialistic at all, I don’t love money, but I am thrilled with the things it can buy – new clothes, new shoes, new makeup (of course I am a woman!), long holidays away from home, new adventures and brand new perspectives on life. In one word, freedom! And God knows this is what I’ve always valued the most in my life – great freedom. Gentle as a spring wind, refreshing as the sea breeze, perfumed as all the flowers in the world, as if you could almost touch it. Just almost. And just charming.

And so far away. So, so far that I cannot see you at all, not even a tiny dot on the horizon. Not even a minute spot at the bottom of the sea. I can feel your presence, though. You are somewhere around, teasing me. I am really trying, but I cannot grasp you. Look, this text is now my hand reaching for you. Maybe you can meet me halfway. And not just maybe. Make it for sure. I am drowning here. Don’t be late.




Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu